Our mission at King of Kings is “To pursue God in order to reveal Him”. In June 2002 Pastors Bob and Patty Butler officially started King of Kings from their home, and have since witnessed the church grow and move into a school gym and then into our current space.
One of the original visions for King of Kings was to become a church planting church, and as such we have seen hundreds of churches planted in India. We have grown into a small church in Canada with a big dream and a large international impact.
At King of Kings we value:
Being Responsibly CharismaticWe believe in the present day working of the Holy Spirit, including all ‘spiritual gifts’. We have experienced His powerful presence! All the resource of the Holy Spirit are intended to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, by equipping His Body to carry out His will. Therefore, we seek the mature expression of these ‘gifts’, along with the grace necessary to express them through Christ-like character.
Transformational DiscipleshipAs genuine ‘disciples’ of Christ, we are constantly being transformed into His image, as His values challenge and displace ours. As we study and apply His Word, we are set free to serve Him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. This is the pattern that has been passed on to us through all generations and which we seek to continue.
Authentic CommunityReal. We want to be real – in our relationships with God and with one another. This involves speaking with grace and love into the lives of others, and allowing them to do the same. Being vulnerable. Living in transparent accountability. Together, we seek to live out God’s sovereign purpose in gathering us together.
Intentional UnityThe people of God are the key to God’s plan on earth. All of them – every person who surrenders their life to Christ, become part of a ‘family’ of witnesses to the Gospel. In fact, God has carefully placed every person in the Body of Christ just as He determined, teaching us that we need each other in order to faithfully accomplish His eternal plans. Therefore, we will intentionally seek out, establish and nurture relationships that will further the Gospel of Christ, honouring the unique contribution of our brothers and sisters.
Incarnational EvangelismJesus Christ took on human flesh, becoming the means of salvation for all people. As the Body of Christ, we follow His example as we seek to reveal God in all we do and say, proclaiming the mercy of God to all who may believe.
Statement of Faith
- We place our trust in one God, who is Spirit in nature and personal in relationship. He is infinitely perfect, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully man. As God He has always existed; through Him all has been created. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and arose from the dead. He is now at the right hand of the Father as our great High Priest. He will come again visibly to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. His primary ministry is to glorify the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of all people. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. BY the Bible we test all things.
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God, but he fell through disobedience, and has thus incurred physical and spiritual death. Everyone is born in a state of sin, and separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The destiny of the believer is everlasting joy and bliss in the presence of God; the destiny of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious separation from God.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all people; those who repent and believe in Him are justified by His shed blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
- It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit for a life of holy living and service. We believe that baptism, filling, gifts, fruit, power, and ministry of the Holy Spirit are all necessary for today.
- We believe that God continues to work supernaturally. We believe in the Kingdom of God as taught by Jesus, and in the need to proclaim the “Good News” of that Kingdom in word and deed, as a sign of the reign of God.
- The ‘Church’ consists of all those who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again by the Holy Spirit. Christ is head of the Church, His Body, whose members have been commissioned by Him to go into all the world, preaching the Gospel, and making disciples of all nations. We believe that God sees one Body, the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ, which finds expression in local churches and fellowships. It is God’s intention to make us one, as He is one.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just unto life, and of the unjust unto judgment.
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal and visible. As our blessed hope, this vital truth is an incentive for holy living and faithful service.
- We believe in the ultimate triumph of the work of God in Christ to destroy the works of Satan, in which the Church actively participates by the leading of the Holy Spirit.