King of Kings Fellowship Articles of Faith (July 2023)
1. We place our trust in one triune God (YHWH), who is Spirit in nature and personal in
relationship. He is infinitely perfect, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the
2. Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully man. As God He has always existed; through
Him all has been created. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin
Mary. He died upon the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, buried for three days, and
arose from the dead. He is now at the right hand of the Father as our great High Priest. He
will come again visibly to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine person sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower the
believer, as well as convince the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. His primary
ministry is to glorify the person and work of Jesus Christ.
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were inspired by God and are
a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of all people. They are authoritative
and the only rule of Christian faith and practice.
5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God, but he fell through
disobedience, and has thus incurred physical and spiritual death. Everyone is born in a
state of sin, and separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the
atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The destiny of the believer is everlasting joy and
bliss in the presence of God; the destiny of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence
forever in conscious separation from God.
6. Salvation has been offered through Jesus Christ to all people; those who repent and
believe in Him are justified by His shed blood, are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive
the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
7. Every true believer of Jesus Christ is baptized in the Holy Spirit for a life of holy living
and service. We believe that the same Spirit gives various spiritual gifts to all Christians
for the purpose of edifying the body of Christ and that all the gifts listed in Scripture are
efficacious for today.
8. We believe in the need to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ both in word and deed
both in our community and throughout the world.
9. The Church consists of all those who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, having been
redeemed through His blood and born again by the Holy Spirit. Christ is head of that
Church, sometimes called His Body. It is made up of people sometimes called members.
This universal Church finds expression in many denominations, associations, local
gatherings, and congregations.
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life and of the unjust to eternal judgment.
11. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be both personal and
visible. As our blessed hope, this vital truth is an incentive for holy living and faithful
12. We believe in the forthcoming eternal union of God and His elect, those who have
received the gift of salvation. This union will be both spiritual and physical.